CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blueberry Zucchini Bread (with Crunchy Lemon Glaze)


I randomly decided to bake this this morning. I needed some baking therapy. And I changed the recipe a bit - added the lemon glaze, 'cause I thought it would be yummy.

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

3 eggs lightly beaten
1 cup oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup white sugar
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
2 cups fresh blueberries

  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla
  3. Fold in zucchini
  4. Mix the dry ingredients together and beat into wet mixture
  5. Wash blueberries and dust with flour (this helps stop the blueberries from "bleeding" into the batter - it's not a huge deal with the recipe as the batter is dark because of the cinnamon, but I just do it anyway)
  6. Gently fold dusted blueberries into batter
  7. Lightly grease and flour 4 small or 2 large loaf pans
  8. Divide evenly between all loaf pans
  9. Bake for appox. 50 minutes in the small loaf pans and 1 hour 20 minutes in the large loaf pans
  10. Place loaf pans on cooling rack for about 20 minutes to cool before removing from the pan to cool. 
Now you could just stop here. And Anise wishes I had. But I just felt that a blueberry loaf wouldn't be complete without a lemon glaze, even though there is no lemon in the recipe. So I just scrounged one up from here.It's different that your everyday run of the mill lemon glaze (which I like just fine) which is just what I wanted.


Lemon Glaze

2 lemons, juiced (about 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar

Mix it all together and drizzle over completely cooled loaves. Tip: Put a piece of parchment paper under the cooling rack before you drizzle the glaze. So much easier to clean up.

Yum!


3 comments:

  1. Fancy that, I have a carton of blueberries and half a zucchini in the fridge needing some lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made it! It rocks!! I used lime juice because I ran out of lemons, but it was still worked :)

    ReplyDelete