CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween Halloween

Around here, Halloween is kind of a big deal. We go all out. Our house gets decorated (inside and out), costumes are almost always home made, and pumpkins are turned into Jack-O-Lanterns. We have fun with it. Last night was Jack-O-Lantern making night for FHE. The kids enjoyed themselves...oh who am I kidding, Sean and I had a lot of fun too!! Here's some high-lights. Enjoy!


---Anise getting into it---


---Sean scooping out his pumpkin---


---Kaden had a two handed approach. I think he looked a bit like a surgeon with both his hands inside, two spoons going and muttering under his breath when he missed something---



---The kids with their Jack-O-Lanterns---



---All lit up---



---And I saved the best for last---


4 comments:

  1. Ack, lets hope the real surgeons don't miss something and mutter under their breath! Cute pumpkins and great job on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I wasn't going to do pumpkins until next year but everytime we go to the grocery store Aden yells pumpkin so I bought a small one and we'll dive into it on Saturday. I hate getting the pumpkin grossness all over my arms but I'll sacrifice cause I'm a good mom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the pumpkin with the X eyes! I can't wait until both girls are old enough to help carve pumpkins! And I totally get what you're saying, Halloween is just as exciting for the adults as it is for the kid (it just sucks we don't get candy like they do :( ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE halloween!! What are the kids going as this year? You should post pictures! How is being back in Lethbridge? I keep trying to talk Griff into going back. I would be nice to live somewhere where you don't have to worry about what color your wearing when you're at a certain part of town! Ha. (certain gangs have colors associated with them... if you didn't get that. I'm starting to realize not everyone is from modesto and might not understand gangbanger humor). Ohhhh, sweet lethbridge.

    ReplyDelete